- The Israeli bombardment of Gaza continues, with at least 16 civilians murdered overnight in a strike on Rafah. Israeli bombardment of Gaza continues as the war nears its one-month, which has seen at least 16 dead during the night in a strike on Rafah. UN head Antonio Guterres says Gaza is “becoming a graveyard for children” as he reiterates his call to negotiate a ceasefire.
- Declaring that Gaza is “becoming a graveyard for children,” UN chief Antonio Guterres reiterates calls for a ceasefire that has proven difficult. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has said Gaza is “becoming a graveyard for children” and reaffirmed his demand for a cease-fire. Guterres added that the Rafah crossing connecting Egypt and Egypt did not suffice to bring much-needed aid into Gaza’s Palestinian enclave.
- After the conflict, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will be in charge of Gaza’s security for an “indefinite period of time” and is open to “little pauses.” Muir also demanded Netanyahu who should be the leader of Gaza after the war is over, to which the Prime Minister responded, “Those who don’t want to keep the same way of Hamas. I believe Israel, for an indefinite time, will be able to assume the responsibility for security in general, as we’ve seen the consequences in the absence of it.
- Riyad Mansour, the Palestinian UN envoy, has sought justice for “crimes” perpetrated by Israel and blamed the US for sabotaging a ceasefire agreement. Riyad Mansour from Palestine – their representative before the UN – accused Israel of committing “war crimes” against demonstrators from Gaza Strip protests and bemoaned what Mansour felt was inaction on the part of the Security Council to hold Israel responsible.
“For eight weeks, we have begged the UN Security Council to stop another massacre by Israel – the occupier,” said Hebron during an emergency council of UNSC.
“Could it be that our warnings weren’t heard? Didn’t you take all our advice into consideration?”
He demanded an open and transparent investigation into deaths at Israel-Gaza borders: “Let us explore what’s taking place on the ground; then, take an impartial account of its results.
- Since October 7, Israeli attacks in Gaza have claimed the lives of almost 10,000 Palestinians. Over 1,400 people have died in Israel in the same time frame. According to Palestinian health officials, over 10,000 have been killed over 31 days of Israeli bombing attacks against the Gaza Strip by Israel, with no signs of an impending cease-fire on this enclave under siege.
On Monday, Gaza’s Ministry of Health issued a statement noting the death toll had increased to 10,022. This figure includes 4,104 children; many remain trapped under debris or blocked from accessing vital goods like electricity, fuel, or food from Israel.
Recent Data on Casualties
10,022 people were killed and 25,408 injured
Took over West Bank
*Figures since October 7
Israeli forces launched an attack on the Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank.
- We’re hearing reports of clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinians outside the occupied West Bank refugee camp of Jenin.
- We reported gunfire from the Tulkarm refugee camp earlier this morning. Thick black smoke could be seen rising from a section of the camp in footage taken by our Al Jazeera Arabic colleagues.
- Zein Basravi of Al Jazeera, reporting from Ramallah, said that since Monday, there have been ongoing confrontations in Tulkarm and that at least nine killings have been reported in the past 24 hours, including the deaths of the two Palestinians whom Israel detained.